Saturday, May 14, 2005

Music

Music is one of the oldest forms of art. Music has the power to convey powerful message and move the most troubled of souls. It can pass meaning over miles these days threw radio, internet, tapes, CD's, music videos, live performance's, and even on street corners. They so many different types of music is almost hard to keep up with them all. Every culture has it own style and sounds. Yet songs only last for minutes at a time the inspiration brought forth by music can last hours or years. Music can make the hardest of people break down and cry or make the weakest of them feel powerful enough to accomplish anything. It is merely an inspiration's or does music have some sort of mystical power that actually is able to cut into the human soul and touch it so effectively that it leaves it changed forever? Is merely by singing the words that brings on the magic or is it made threw when the artist pours his very own soul into the mix? Whatever it is. It is powerful and effective. There are some songs that move me so much I feel compelled to join in over and over and they never become old to me. I hope you give some thought into this and for fun I will share one of my favorite songs.

It is called Back at one by Brian McKnight. It is a love song and always makes me think of the special person in my life at the time. Maybe I will have the chance to sing on the phone to someone who has been very special to me recently. This song reminds me of what it feels like to truly be in love as does she.

I ask anyone who reads this to post your favorite song and tell us a little about it and how it inspires you.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

The Dance

by Garth Brooks

you know this is my fave one. always reminds me now matter how much your in love with someone they always remain in your heart forever